CheckSwing

The Premier Baseball Social Network for Players, Coaches, Scouts, and Umpires

All Discussions Tagged 'pitching' (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Elite pitchers focus on their motion, not their results.

When a pitcher’s results are unacceptable, they adjust their motion. Their motion’s efficiency, functionality and sustainability becomes o…

Started by L.A. "Skip" Fast

1 May 15
Reply by HENRY WALTHAM

Teaching the Changeup?

I feel as though I understand how a changeup is thrown, but do not articulate it well to younger players. What are the key points to focus…

Started by Will Laurence

11 May 24, 2016
Reply by don wilbanks

Left handed pitcher delivery question

I have a question for pitching coaches or left hander pitchers. My son who is 12 has been taking pitching lessons from a respectable ex-min…

Started by Miguel Curi

17 Oct 22, 2014
Reply by Miguel Curi

Another answer to the increase in Tommy John Surgery

With the relevance being so high this early in the MLB season, I'm always opening an ear to credible opinions. Leo Mazzone reacts to the i…

Started by Garret Felder

20 Jul 27, 2014
Reply by Don Ervin

Pitchers and Catchers link up?

Sometimes our throwing program gets upset by a change in location or a regular bullpen catcher buddy going out of town. We make do (I've th…

Started by Anthony Slama

1 Jun 21, 2014
Reply by Bill Stanton

The professionalization and specialization of youth baseball is becoming an issue

Here is my blog upon how youth baseball training and player development is not taking into consideration how to effectively train players-…

Started by Jim Parque

4 May 14, 2014
Reply by Thomas Bednark

Suggestions/drills for teaching young (9/10) hitters to stay in against live pitching?

Our league in town uses a pitching machine for ages 7/8 and then moves to live (player) pitching for the 9/10 division.  Many of my k…

Started by Kyle Grucci

30 May 13, 2014
Reply by Tom Bates

New article: Pitching Mechanics - The Right Way to Lead with Your Hips

Just sharing a new article I'd been working on. Pitching Mechanics: The Right Way to Lead with Your Hips Appreciate any thoughts. Agree,…

Started by Phil R.

19 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Ted Browne

Teaching the Curveball

How are you teaching your pitchers to throw the Curveball? I'm seeing many different teaching techniques.  Please share your approach with…

Started by Bill Stanton

10 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Phil R.

Bob Feller record?

My Grandmother gave me this record.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  I haven't listened to it yet. I assume it's Bob Feller discu…

Started by Bill Stanton

0 Feb 20, 2013

RSS

Get Your CheckSwing Badge !

Loading…

Events

Audio

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Kyle Grucci.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

-->