CheckSwing

The Premier Baseball Social Network for Players, Coaches, Scouts, and Umpires

All Discussions Tagged 'youth' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Watch. Read. Please Comment.

This is a very well done animated feature by the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/sports/bryce-harper-swing-of

Started by Bill Stanton

7 May 15, 2013
Reply by Bill Stanton

3rd to 1st pickoff banned by MLB

What do you think of this?  Will youth, high school and college follow suit? _______________________________________ NEW YORK (AP) -- One o…

Started by Bill Stanton

2 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Tom Schwindy

Teaching How To Slide?

What are some tips and drills to teach kids how to slide properly?  Is this just a natural thing that kids develop on their own or should w…

Started by Will Laurence

13 Jul 27, 2012
Reply by Gregory Leonard Celeski

Youth Baseball Tournaments & Love of the Game

I'm doing a research on the success rate of youth baseball tournaments, how these experiences relate to the overall popularity of baseball…

Started by Dan Farley

17 Oct 17, 2011
Reply by Ted Browne

Started by Walter Ambrosch Master Turner

2 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Ramie Gatchalian

Baseball is under way, as a youth 9-14yrs what are the first aspects you work on as a player or as a coach?

I am always curious as to what everyone concentrates on as a youth player and coach.  I personally feel that pitchers get left behind early…

Started by Michael

0 Feb 21, 2011

Playing Up

OK, here is a potential heated conversation for all of the youth baseball folks out there. Please comment from a player development standpo…

Started by Mike Greene

48 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Jim Barr

Baserunning Is Very Underrated In Youth Baseball

I had the pleasure of going down to the Little League World Series on Friday and Saturday.It still amazes me how many baserunning mistakes…

Started by Marty Schupak

14 Dec 3, 2010
Reply by Sam Flamont

Youth ball: Play up or age appropriate?

I wanted to start a new discussion about kids ages at the club level. As I have said before, we are a club currently with  8U coach pitch t…

Started by DarekGoetzman

14 Oct 23, 2010
Reply by Michael

What age is it best to start playing year round baseball and what other sports do you allow them to play?

I am a firm believer in developing athletes.  There are certain skills that get passed by with year round baseball.  Plus, burnout is a big…

Started by Michael

0 Oct 22, 2010

RSS

Get Your CheckSwing Badge !

Loading…

Events

Audio

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Kyle Grucci.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

--> \ua!-- G +1 All Pages Above Sign-In\ud\ud-->