Baseball Coaching tips of the day
Psychology of coaching in games
• Act calm and in control, even though your heart may be pumping fast.
• Show confidence in your game decisions knowing some will not work out.
• Keep your sense of humor even when things do not seem funny.
• Recognize the mood of your team to know when they need to relax or a “pick-me-up” pep talk.
• Always keep your enthusiasm even when teams do not play well. It motivates others to know you’re just as engaged as ever and have not given up on them.
• Lose with a gracious look.
• Be happy with a win but do not go overboard with excitement.
• Show pride in your team, but do not let them feel too satisfied until season’s end.