Youth sports coaching tips of the day - Few things are better than having enthusiasm. Make sure you:
1. Look forward to practices as much or more than you look forward to games. Practice is your time to shine and it is the time to put your knowledge of the game into practice and on display.
2. Realize that your actions and effort show you want to be there with the team and the things you teach will have lasting importance for the team.
3. Know that enthusiasm is contagious—if you display it, it will carry over to my team, parents, and organization. Having a whole team of enthusiastic players is the goal.
4. Always prepare and organize for practices, using every minute for productive work. including time for team socialization.
5. Believe that enthusiasm is the way you can hook a player on the sport for a long time, if not forever.