Baseball coaching tips of the day
I often write about forming your coaching philosophy before the season and reviewing it often, so the in-season pressure doesn’t change you. Make sure your philosophy includes the following, and if it doesn’t, let someone else coach the kids.
1. The opportunity to teach or reinforce life lessons to kids is a privilege to embrace.
2. Specify the roles of parents, ask for their trust, and hold them responsible for both.
3. Treat athletes, parents, officials, and the opposition the way you want others to treat you – with respect.
4. Fairness and sportsmanship are the ideals to coach by, at all times.
5. Enjoy the journey and do not dwell on wins and losses.