Baseball coaching tips of the day
What the best player can do in seconds?
Accomplished athletes can repeat the following things before every play in the few seconds they have. You must help players learn to do these. None of them are easy to perfect, but special attention should be given to number three below. Confidence that one will do the right thing before the play is crucial.
Getting actively involved with players during practice by staying near the action helps, so you can ask questions of their mindset. Teaching the mental game begins with:
1. Have same breathing pattern before every pitch throughout the game.
2. Review game situation, their positioning and responsibilities before the next play.
3. Have the conviction your choices will be the correct ones.
4. Visualize your moves right before the play.
5. Put single-minded attention on the objective (ball or opponent) as the play begins.
Creating a Season to Remember - get a copy