The Premier Baseball Social Network for Players, Coaches, Scouts, and Umpires
Most baseball coaches run batting practice wrong.
Some Tips for an efficient batting practice that is guaranteed to increase repetitions.
1. Always have plenty of baseballs.
2. Batting practice is not fielding practice or base running practice. No running last one out.
3. Balls hit to fielders should not be thrown to 1st. Players should roll them to two buckets. One behind the pitcher’s mound for infielders and one behind 2nd for outfielders.
4. Double on deck should hit off tee. Triple on deck should do toss drill with coach. On deck batter is ready to hit.
5. Coach pitches from base of mound with multiple baseballs in his glove.
6. An “L” screen must be used.
7. Pre-determine a number of swings but players have a chance to increase them by bunting the 1st two pitches between cones set up near home plate.
Here’s a bonus tip. To get players to practice on time, give each a number as they arrive. The first person to arrive at practice is #1, the second is #2 and so on.
Use their numbers as the order they will bat in batting practice. This works and it works well.
Batting practice is a favorite of any baseball player at almost every level. Never batting practice. Kids live for it! And always look for the most efficient, safest procedure to help enhance your whole practice. For the complete article:
Correct Batting Practice Methods For Little League Teams
go to the
For more tips follow Marty Schupak on Twitter: @SchupakSports
Like us on Facebook.