The Premier Baseball Social Network for Players, Coaches, Scouts, and Umpires
This is because this 16-team tournament, the Ways to Play tournament powered by Perfect Game and Major League Baseball, featured a rule that deemed a batter out if he took a strike, no matter the count. In fact, this tournament of nine-inning games featured seven unique rules designed by MLB to address growing concerns about the slowed pace of play in baseball.
The other rule changes included:
• Three balls result in a walk.
• No straight or delayed steals.
• A batter must keep a foot in the batter's box at all times.
• No throwing the ball around between batters.
• If a game is tied after nine innings, a runner will be placed on second with one out.
• If a game is tied after 10 innings, bases will be loaded with one out.