Baseball coaching tips of the day
One of my most used comments with my players is, “You will never be perfect, it will always come and go.” I say that so they quit beating themselves up every time they fail or bring them down to earth when the game seems easy. Creating an athletic mindset begins with these:
* Make sure players know that no one expects perfection from them but only the work towards it.
* Remind them they can limit disappointment with dedication to training.
* Let them know that failure is a setback only when they do nothing about it.
* Assist players in learning ways of keeping their mind in the present. A fearless demeanor is difficult when thinking of past and possible future failures.
* Inform players that you believe they will give their best and that’s all you ever expect from them.