The Premier Baseball Social Network for Players, Coaches, Scouts, and Umpires
Youth sports coaching tips of the day
Practice maintaining perspective by doing the following:
* Never forget the age of your team and never push players beyond reasonable means.
* Keep your cool when: players lose their temper, parents get upset, umpire blows a call, games get tense, or when lose the game.
* Demonstrate and teach sportsmanship and develop leaders to the best of your ability.
* Choose to be a positive role model for the players, the parents, school, and organization.
* Provide constructive criticism of a player’s actions and never direct it at a kid's character.
* Teach the importance of “team” and never blame a player or players for a loss. Teams win and lose as a team.
* Understand the games are for the players and it is their time to shine, not my time to put on a show.
Be the Best