From the first meeting with team parents
* Specify the behavior you expect to see of them, ask for their trust, and encourage them to approach you with concerns instead of complaining and second guessing behind your back.
* Help them understand that an over-emphasis on verbal encouragement in games does more harm than benefit.
* Remind them the games are for and about the kids.
* Relate that you will do your best to be fair and that sportsmanship is the ideal you try to coach by at all times.
* That you embrace the opportunity to teach and reinforce life lessons